The UC Davis World Food Center is the one university that is committed to bold leadership and productive scholarship in the following areas:
- Research: Collaborative and strategic research results.
- Innovation: Tech transfer and intellectual property compensation in ways that reward collaboration.
- Industry: Pre-competitive and university partnerships that drive innovation.
- Policy: Policy coordination and goal-setting collaborations through agency and government entities.
- Health: Food that promotes human and animal health and wellness.
- Environment: Food production through environmentally sustainable methods.
- Education: Fulfilling the purpose and intent of land-grant institutions.
The World Food Center will help generate economic development in the Northern California region and expand the connections between agriculture, innovation and entrepreneurship. UC Davis is the one university to make this vision come alive.