Precision Ag Workshop
The World Food Center and UC Davis researchers will introduce industry leaders to the vineyards and wine making facilities at the Department of Viticulture and Enology's Oakville Station.
Apps for Ag sets the challenges, teams form and the hacking begins. Reception at 5pm. Continues over night.
The Innovation Institute for Food and Health reports on its workshop findings and defines the challenges. Teams form and work toward solutions. Reception at 5pm.
Sustainable Ag Tour
Tour begins at the UC Davis Conference Center at 9:30am.
Hackathon & Idea Hack
Teams present and judges choose the best pitches.
Solution Summit Forum
UC Davis Conference Center
9:00 Prominent Challenges in Modern Food, Ag & Health
- Howard Shapiro, Mars, Inc., @ASI_at_UCDavis
- Matthew Lange, Initiative for Wireless Health & Wellness, UC Davis, @UCDavisResearch
- Barbara Brueckner, Mattson, @MattsonFoodCo
- Eve Turow Paul, Generation Yum, @EveTurow
- Joaquin Ruiz, University of Arizona, @uageosciences
10:15 Keynote Speaker
11:00 Fast-pitch Company Showcases
- Tule Technologies, @tuletech
- Foodfully, @FoodFully
- Mango Materials, @MangoMaterials
- Bitwater Farms, @bitwaterfarms
- Ceres Imaging
1:00 Keynote Speaker
1:30 Technology Translation Discussion Panel
- Josette Lewis, World Food Center (moderator)
- Chris Olin, Tao Capital
- John Pasquesi, Otter Capital
- Eric O'Brien, Fall Line Capital
- Ron Meeusen, Cultivian Sandbox
3:00 Fast-pitch Research Presentations by UC Davis faculty
- Charlotte Biltekoff, Food Science and Technology, @cbiltekoff
- Sidika Karakas, UC Davis Health System, @UCDavisHealth
- Chris Simmons, Food Science and Technology, @ucdavisCAES
- Nir Oksenberg, UC Davis Science Policy & Communication Group, @FoodAgLiteracy
- David Mills, Food Science and Technology, @ucdavisCAES
- Frank Mitloehner, Animal Science, @MitloehnerLab
4:00 Keynote Speaker
4:30 Idea Hack Presentations
5:15 Hackathon Presentations & Judging