A discussion on advancing the commercial development of the next generation of precision irrigation and fertilizer technology
This invite-only meeting at the UC Davis Oakville Station in Napa Valley will host 30 representatives from the top industries in California agriculture, spanning the areas of software development, commodity associations and irrigation and sensor technology for agriculture.
Together with UC Davis faculty working at the frontier of new precision irrigation and fertigation, they will develop a roadmap to advance the development of commercial technology. The goal is to facilitate more efficient fertilizer and water use for yield optimization, with high-value crops as a target opportunity. The aim is to catalyze collaborations between UC Davis and industry in order to develop and demonstrate proofs of concept with multilayered sensors and modeling for decision support tools.
The meeting will include a tour of precision irrigation systems being tested for wine production at the Oakville research facility.
Tuesday, Dec. 1
1389 Oakville Grade Road
I-80 from the Bay Area:
- Merge onto CA-37 W via Exit 33 toward Napa
- Take CA 29 Sonoma Blvd, Exit 19 toward Napa
- Turn right onto Sonoma Blvd/CA 29N
- Continue to follow CA 29 N past Yountville
- Turn Left onto Oakville Grade Road
I-80 from the Sacramento area
- Merge onto Jameson Canyon Rd/CA 13 towards Napa/Sonoma
- Turn slight right onto CA-12 W/CA 29N
- Continue to follow CA-29N
- Turn left on Oakville Grade Road
*Parking is available at the facility.
Oakville Station: (707) 944-0126