- Highlight one or more UC-affiliated research outcomes or programs utilizing UC research at a UC campus (including medical centers and extension programs) or Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Creatively engage a diverse audience.
- Clearly emphasize the impact of research and/or program on food and nutrition security (globally or domestically).
- Include the overarching goals of the research.
- Submit as an individual or as a team
- For a team submission, designate a team leader
- Upload the video to a public platform (YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Vine, etc.), copy the URL
- Provide a title and short summary (less than 200 words)
- Review the Terms and Conditions
- Complete the Submission Form
- Entries must be from individuals or teams enrolled in the Fall 2016 quarter as undergraduate or graduate students
- Only one submission per student and/or team
- Videos must be three minutes or less in length
- Submit prior to 11:59 p.m. PT, Wednesday, September 7, 2016
- Anyone under the age of 18 who appears in a video must have parental consent; entrants must obtain consent prior to video submission.
Submissions that do not adhere to the eligibility guidelines or Terms and Conditions will not be included in judging.
The review committee will be comprised of non-affiliated UC experts. Five finalists will be identified, with the top-scoring video awarded first place and the second top-scoring video receiving an honorable mention. Three additional videos will be considered finalists.
The judging rubric will consist of the following:
- Originality (20%)
- Creativity (20%)
- Audio and production quality (20%)
- Scientific accuracy (20%)
- Overall presentation (20%)