The World Food Center mobilizes the resources of UC Davis to promote innovative, sustainable, and equitable food systems. We bring together partners in academia, industry, and the civic sector to:
- Develop integrated solutions to the grand challenges of providing food for all: climate change, resource scarcity, and sustainability;
- Propel California’s world-class food and agriculture technology hub; and
- Promote cutting-edge research, educational, and outreach programs in food systems.
Keeping food and agriculture safe during the COVID-19 pandemic
UC Davis is the top ranked university in the USA for agricultural sciences according to US News and World Report and Clarivate Analytics. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the university is providing necessary information for various segments of food and agriculture. Here are a few areas to explore if you're looking for information.
- UC Davis food safety experts have compiled a comprehensive list of food safety resources for consumers, community gardens, farms, foodservice, growers, industry, retail and supply chains: https://ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu/covid19-food-safety-resources
- UC Agricultural and Natural Resources has a page with links to practical information, plus things to do and resources to tap: https://ucanr.edu/Coronavirus_and_COVID-19/
- The Western Center for Agricultural Health and Safety also compiled COVID-19 resources for agriculture: https://aghealth.ucdavis.edu/covid19
Some resources beyond the UC Davis campus are here:
- The Food and Agriculture Policy Decision Analysis (FAPDA) promotes evidence-based decision making by collecting and disseminating information on policy information through a freely accessible web-based tool: http://www.fao.org/in-action/fapda/tool/index.html#main.html
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources for the Seed Industry: http://www.calseed.org/covid-190-updates.html
- Latest COVID-19 information from the FDA including FAQs, medical countermeasures, and how to help: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/counterterrorism-and-emerging-threats/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- Economic assessment of Covid-19 and the international food situation from the FAO: http://www.fao.org/3/ca8388en/CA8388EN.pdf