Skip to main content
Leadership in food and health
- UC Davis ranks first in the world in agricultural study, according to QS World University Ranking, and 12 in the world in environmental sciences.
- UC Davis ranks 1st among national universities in number of faculty papers written in the fields of ecology and the environment, agriculture, entomology, food science and nutrition, and plant and animal sciences, according to ScienceWatch.
- The university’s location in California’s Central Valley — in the nation’s breadbasket — positions it geographically for leadership in the food industry and system.
- UC Davis is a top force driving California’s $43.5 billion a year farm economy and offers a long history of developing sustainable solutions to global food production. The center will contribute further to this economic growth.
- UC Davis’ has a unique interdisciplinary research nexus between food production, sustainable agriculture and human and animal health.
- The university’s prolific track record in agricultural innovations for more than a century makes it a leader on critical issues related to food.
- UC Davis scientists are finding ways to generate new varieties of existing food crops that can better adapt to global warming and environmental changes.
- Through its highly ranked Graduate School of Management, UC Davis prepares leaders for global impact in fields like food and health. Faculty and alumni expertise covers intellectual property, business analytics, entrepreneurship, innovation, finance, accounting, general management, marketing, organizational behavior, strategy or technology management, globalization and business ethics.
- UC Davis is an international hub of higher education. From classes to student organizations, more than 5,000 of international students, scholars and staff from more than 100 countries study and work on campus. Also, about 1,200 UC Davis students study or work abroad each year, building a global academic network of partnerships and collaborations in fields like food and health.