Food For Thought Showcase
November 10, 2020 | Virtual Zoom Meeting | 3pm-5pm
The UC Davis World Food Center hosted its third Food For Thought Showcase, this time virtually. 180 guests from the Davis community registered to discover 13 of the centers and institutes at UC Davis shaping the future of food. As with our first two showcases, the program began with a series of recorded elevator pitches from UC Davis programs, institutes, and centers that highlighted their innovative work in food systems. After the pitch session, guests were invited to self-select breakout rooms to join together with the presenting centers for conversation. Watch the video linked below to learn more about each of the participating entities.
Presentation start times for each entity:
1. Agricultural Issues Center (0:15)
2. CalFresh Healthy Living, University of California & the UC Davis Center for Regional Change (07:08)
3. CLEAR Center - Clarity and Leadership for Environmental Awareness and Research (11:20)
4. Energy and Efficiency Institute (15:05)
5. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Markets, Risk and Resilience (20:05)
6. Fruit and Nut Research and Information Center (25:58)
7. Honey and Pollination Center (29:19)
8. Institute for Food and Agricultural Literacy (33:06)
9. Plant Breeding Center (36:50)
10. Policy Institute for Energy, Environment, and the Economy (41:25)
11. Postharvest Technology Center (45:02)
12. Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine and Food Science (48:16)
13. Seed Biotechnology Center (52:15)
Food For Thought Showcases
May 7 & June 4, 2018 | Robert & Margrit Mondavi Center, UC Davis | 4pm-7pm
The UC Davis World Food Center hosted two Food For Thought Showcases, where more than 500 guests from the Davis community discovered over 30 of the centers and institutes at UC Davis shaping the future of food. On May 7 and June 4 in the Robert & Margrit Mondavi Center, we were joined by UC Davis faculty, staff, and students as well as representatives from the regional food industry, local governments, and NGOs for this exciting engagement.
The program began with a series of elevator pitches from UC Davis programs, institutes, and centers in the Studio Theatre that highlighted their innovative work in food systems. After the pitch session, our networking reception and showcase in the Grand Lobby brought the guests together with the presenting centers for conversation and libations.